Thursday, June 05, 2008

Motoring Along

I have just scored myself another part-time gig. I will be lecturing in anatomy and physiology at the training institution I studied at last year. This will enable me to get credits towards a teaching degree as well as completing my Diploma in Fitness.

The biggest issue at the moment though is time. Am I filling my time up with jobs in order to purely make more money? Maybe. Am I doing this so that Maryann will be able to relax and work when she chooses to? Hopefully. Am I doing this because the wonderful journey I am on requires me to give something back to the universe? Mmmm.

I think my biggest problem at the moment is that I am trying to live up to perceived expectations of people close to me.

I know we cannot afford a house at the moment, particularly not one that affords us the ability to walk to work and live so close to what we value. So why do I worry about it? We am close to not having a holiday because I am worried about saving money. I am taking on a new job, sacrificing time with Maryann so we can have more money and more security which in turn may make our relationship less secure!

I will love this new job, I will manage my time well and we will be better for it......... eventually.

No comments: