Sunday, February 11, 2007

Yup. 30 years old

Well, that is it then. I have apparently reached the end of adolescence.

Pity really, I was just starting to enjoy myself. I was over the pimples and spontaneous inappropriate adolescent moment and now I am awaiting the beginnings of my mid-life crisis. Funny really because I have been looking at buying a new car, a sports one no less.

So here I am considering buying a house having children and being stable for the rest of my life. At least when I hit 70 I can wet my pants and forget my name for a while, but that is too far away! I might start tomorrow.

The hard work now is that i have to redefine myself again. This has slowly been happening over the last couple of years. I can't just go off on overly emotional rants wanting to punch someones head in just because they annoy me, I actually find myself wanting a empiric reason for anger.

It is strange, but i had a conversation with one of the higher ups within the Churches of Christ structure and felt listened to. I was still angry about a few things and don't want to let go of that anger just yet, but at least now I stop from just ranting and give reasons for my reaction.

Still, one day I will be allowed to be a cynical, crotchety old bastard, but until then, I can just be 30.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: