Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wifeless

Well, i am more than half way through a month without my wife. Before you ask too many questions. She is in Vanuatu on a DDP cultural exposure trip.

It has been a weird experience so far. It is a big house that suddenly felt a whole lot bigger. This may sound callous though. I thought I would miss her more than I do. I will quantify that by saying, most people I spoke to thought I would be a mess and could not look after myself at all. On top of that people have been saying that I must get really lonely at home. So in light of that, it's been fine. I am cookng for myself, cleaning, shopping and functioning quite well emotionally.

It would be harder if Maryann was away just on holiday and not living in a village without a phone. I will miss her the most when she sits a Sydney airport for 5 hours on the way home.

I will post again soon, in the meantime the bread has baked and I need to hang out the washing, Damn it, broke a nail.

Pete

No comments: